Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Another Weekend Quickly Overwith

The weekends just aren't long enough. The work week drags on so slowly that it feels like you've worked 8 days in a row instead of 5, then the weekend finally comes around and you feel like you've had a 1/2 day off instead of 2 full days.

Friday night I went up to my parents for a visit as I hadn't seen them all week. I then went home and stayed up until well after 2 a.m. preparing food and straightening up in preparation for the BBQ Ryan and I were hosting on Saturday.

Saturday I rose very early and began my numerous tasks for the day - cleaning, planting my flower boxes, cleaning, getting beer, cleaning, getting propane...you get the idea. Ryan gets home to my place at around 2 in the afternoon (he had to work until 1 p.m. and didn't get out right away) and tells me that the brakes are going in his truck and he's taking it over to Crappy Tire. He just got his truck back last week from getting repaired, so it's frustrating. He comes back shortly after dropping the truck off and we hang the flower boxes around the deck and start getting ready for our guests.

We had a pretty good turn out, my friend Shelly and her two kids, Mike, Chris, Andrew and Red...I asked Ryan what Red's real name is and he said he honestly doesn't know - that everyone has just always called him Red, lol. Everyone had cleared out by around 8 p.m., so Ryan and I packed up and headed out to his parent's house for the evening to retreat as they were away for the weekend.

Sunday I layed out for a couple of hours and worked on my tan and then went to my parent's place for supper and to do laundry. Sunday night I headed back out to Ryan's parent's place and we had some treats and watched the Sopranos.

No comments: