Monday, June 18, 2007

Back From Vacation...What A Sad, Sad Day!

So I'm back. Having a week off work was nice, but I just wish I could have gotten a week off later in the summer months. Oh well, you take what you can get right.

My week was spent mostly in Fredericton, I didn't travel too far with a lack of funds currently. Monday I went grocery shopping and went to Walmart to pick up a few things (man I really don't like our new Northside Walmart). Tuesday I went to Oromocto and went to the Giant Tiger store and found a few buys. Wednesday my Dad took the day off work and he, myself and my Mom went to the States to Houlton, Maine for the day. Thursday I helped my Mom plant flowers at my brother's place for him and Friday I went camping in Oak Bay with Angela, Kim and Alisha. You can view the camping pics on my Facebook.

And speaking of Facebook, that's what the second "sad" is for in today's blog title. The first sad is for having to come back to work. The second sad is for Facebook. They've blocked Facebook from us here at work! After having it for months they've now decided we can't view it at work. I have no idea why either. I mean, I have access to this blog, MSN messenger, to hotmail, games, you tube.com, pretty much everything...and I mean everything as I've seen people pulling up some things online that they shouldn't be at work. So yah Facebook is really the only thing that I can think of that they've denied us access to. The only reason I can think of is that they would be saying it's a "distration" from our work. If that's the reason why, I think it's crazy because nothing is more distrating than MSN messenger and trying to chat with your friends while working. Anyway...I almost cried today when I sat at my desk (which was in a state of disaray with numerous items missing...I love going away for a week and your desk becomes a buffet to everyone else) and saw I couldn't log into Facebook.

Sigh. I guess I'll be visiting my parent's house more often now so I can keep up with Facebook! I guess my blogging will probably become more regular now too, now that I don't have Facebook at work, lol.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice post, sorry about fbook, i know i was very sad as well. but, hey, you had a good rest off. got to plant flowers.

Terry aka Funky said...

Well I guess the loss of Facebook is better then UPS where you have no access at all to the internet for nothing so there is a plus side there somehow.

Glad you had a good vacation always nice to have a break !