Monday, July 21, 2008

Lazy Weekend

Another weekend overwith. Another weekend with not much accomplished. It was a lazy feeling weekend and also a weekend where I wasn't feeling well.

Friday night I stopped into the grocery store on my way home from work to pick up a few things I needed to make a lasagna with. I was planning the lasagna for Saturday's supper, but was going to put it together on Friday night. Ryan emailed me earlier in the day on Friday and said he had gotten tickets for the Age of Daze show in Oromocto from a co-worker who couldn't got. I thought he said it was for Saturday evening. We were supposed to go camping on Saturday with my brother and his girlfriend, but with rain in the forecast, we abandoned those plans. Great I thought to myself, just when I thought we'd have nothing to do on Saturday, we now have tickets to see Age of Daze!

Anyway, I'm home and starting to get my lasagna together. Ryan comes home and asks me what I'm doing. I told him I was putting a lasagna together for tomorrow's supper. He said "Why did you start it now, the Age of Daze show is in an hour". I looked at him surprised and said "I thought you said it was tomorrow night"? He said "No, it's tonight". I finished the part I was working on for my lasagna, wrapped it up and put it in the fridge. I took off upstairs to get ready while Ryan lounged on the couch.

I came downstairs and sat on the couch beside Ryan. Both of us were yawning and feeling lazy. Ryan said "Shane also invited us over tonight, would you rather go to Shane's then to Age of Daze"? I told him it didn't matter to me. He said he didn't care either and that he wasn't really feeling up to doing much now that he had sat down, lol. I told him I felt the same way and was feeling slightly exhausted, lol. The start time of the Age of Daze show came and went and we were still sitting on the couch. I guess we decided we weren't going to the show. We decided not to go to Shane's either and we ordered a pizza and stayed in for the night, lol. I was also starting to feel like I may be getting sick, but wasn't sure if it was just my allergies or not as they had been plaguing me all week.

Saturday morning I woke up achy and with my throat sore. Yup, I was sick. Great. Man, I seem to get sick often. It seems like every couple of months or so, something is up with me. Luckily I had some of my prescription left from when I was sick in Tucson, so I started taking that on Saturday morning. I managed to put together the rest of my lasagna, Ryan went for a big bicycle ride and I slept in the afternoon while he was gone. We had a great supper and then rented a movie, spending another evening in at home.

Yesterday I woke up feeling better, but throat was still sore, just not as bad. I went to my parent's place to do laundry and had supper with them. I got home early in the evening, watched some Big Brother on TV and turned in early, hoping to fully kick my illness and be refreshed for work the next morning. I woke up in the middle of the night because of the rain pelting outside and from there, tossed and turned for well over an hour. So much for waking up refreshed this morning, lol. My throat is still sore, but getting better. I'd say in another couple of days I should be back to normal.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hope you will be feeling better soon, kelly. take care, poet.

Anonymous said...

hope you get my email i sent. poet.