Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Happy Belated Birthday Canada!

Well summer is now in full swing. I think Canada Day makes summer feel more real. The heat and humidity definately bring you into the summer time feel.

Ryan and I were both off for Canada Day. I was amazed that I actually had it off, because the 8 plus years that I've worked for the company I'm with, I've never had Canada Day off. It's not a holiday where we're sent up a lot of day off slots from corporate. At any rate, I was thankful to be off. I'm finding my job more and more stressful as time goes by. Maybe it has something to do with me getting older, maybe it's that I've been here too long, maybe it's because my job is painfully monotonous, maybe it's because it's super busy and I can't even take a breath between calls, maybe it's a lot of things, lol. Anyway, it was nice to be off.

We didn't do too much to celebrate Canada. We slept in and then had breakfast late. We went out to Ryan's parent's house to get the kayaks to go for a paddle, but his parent's beat us to it, lol. We decided to hop on the bike (Ryan's motorcycle) and head out to visit Phil and Anne, friends of Ryan's. We spent the afternoon on their deck enjoying a couple of beverages and chatting. We went back to Ryan's parent's place around supper time to drop off the bike and get the car and then headed back into Fredericton. We stopped and got some chicken and had that on the back deck once we got home and relaxed for a bit. We watched some tv and then watched the fireworks from upstairs. The advantages of living close to the river!

No comments: