Today is my little brother's birthday. I guess he's not my little brother anymore, given that he's the ripe age of 27 today. It's hard to believe that 27 years ago, I was staying at my Aunt Patty's house while my mom went to the hospital "to get our baby".
I remember my Dad taking me to the hospital to visit Mom and my new baby brother. I climbed right into the hospital bed with Mom and started putting baby powder all over myself, lol. I remember when my parent's picked me up to take Richard home. My Mom was sitting in the front seat of the car, holding the baby all wrapped up in a blanket. Boy times have changed - I couldn't even imagine someone driving in a car now days, holding a baby in their arms!
Although we used to fight like cats and dogs when we were younger, my brother and I have gotten extremely close over the past 5 or so years. We've been through a lot as a family and I think that although it was tough at the time, there was some good that came from the hard times. We realized how much we meant to each other.
Happy Birthday Rich! I love you and am so proud of the person you've become!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
happy belated birthday, rich! you have quite a sister there. she loves you very much.
kelly, barrettXplore is the company of which i speak . they have offices in woodstock and fredericton. shasta and gary and carole, sharon hicks and a host of former Hhellians are there. it will kinda feel like going home, well at least the familiar faces will.
sorry things are going "that" way again at your employ. they are always saying that though. maybe 9 years is as long as they are going to stay here. i hope not, for your sake. take care and keep in touch, please.
poet.
Post a Comment