Ok I've had enough! I want no more of it! It's too much for this time of year! Dear God, please stop the snow!!!
This week has been hell at work and it's only going to get worse in the next couple of weeks. It's our peak season because of the Christmas holidays and every man and his dog wants to rent a car. Well as you can imagine, we're sold out in every major city. People cannot grasp this concept and continue to verbally abuse you when you tell them you are sold out. I feel like screaming at these people and saying "Look you moron....you know it's Christmas....you know lots of people travel on Christmas....you shouldn't have left it until a week and a half before Christmas to call us"! Yesterday was especially a hard day. I've worked here for 8 years so I've handled pretty much every type of call in the book. Sometimes though, even people like me have days where they just break down and can't take the stress of continuously being called horrific names for something you can't control. I was taking little breaks to compose myself after every 5-10 horrible calls. Luckily in the afternoon my supervisor had a bunch of extra work she needed help and asked me if I'd like to give her a hand. I was all "Ah....YES"! So luckily I got a nice hour and a half break yesterday, lol.
Our team is having a Swiss Chalet party this afternoon at work, so I'll get to have an hour away from my job this afternoon too! At the end of October my supervisor asked me if I would be the canvasser for our team for the United Way campaign in November. I canvassed last year and had no success in signing anyone up for payroll deductions last year. At this year's canvasser's meeting with our center's director I brought up the fact that we need an incentive for people to sign up. Our director said "What do you want"? I said "I dunno, something for our team to look forward too, but not a pizza party, since we have those quite a bit. We should think of something different". The director goes "Ok, what about this. If any team can obtain 100% participation of their members to sign up for donation, then that team will win a chicken and ribs dinner party from Swiss Chalet". We canvassers were floored and thought it sounded good to us! Well, I am happy to report that I am the only canvasser in the whole center who managed to get 100% participation from their team, so our dinner is today! Woohoo! I'm excited. It's a good way to end a stressful week here!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
ah, tried to post a comment, lost it....lets try again....
sorry you had a crappy week. lets hope you get some rest ofer the weekend.
congrats on getting 100% participation and winning the SC party. awesome job, kelly...well done. i wonder why it is that some people need "an incentive" to give donations? i always just felt happy to know that my donation out of my pay was going to a worthy cause.
take care and enjoy the chicken and ribs!
and thank you for sending us our first christmas card of the season. my but you are prompt!
Post a Comment