I am at work right now. I am in a crappy mood right now because I am at work and because the people I'm dealing with today at work are all morons. Anyway, enough of that.
Despite both myself and Ryan being stuck at work today, I am excited! It's Christmas Eve! Yeah! After I put in what I know is going to be a long day's work, I'm heading to my parent's place for Christmas Eve dinner and then church with them. For the past 10 years, I've been going to Carrie's parent's place on Christmas Eve, but won't be this year as Carrie is home in Ontario this year, waiting for "Baby B" (my nickname for her baby) to arrive shortly.
This past weekend saw me spend the majority of it in my kitchen. Friday evening Ryan and I were going to go to Shane and Val's for a bit, but Ryan ended up falling asleep on the couch. I took advantage of this time to get a head start on my Christmas baking. Half of my baking has been distributed to my parent's and the other half that remained at my house is about 1/2 devoured already, lol. It's to the point where I'm debating on doing more baking :S.
Saturday I finished up with the baking stuff, went and paid my cable bill, did laundry at my parent's place and helped my brother tie up his loose ends in preparation for Christmas. Saturday evening Ryan and I joined my brother, his girlfriend and a couple other friends at Cannon's Cross for nachos. They were delish! I don't particularly care for nachos because I hate salsa, but I loved the nachos at this place because they make them with brushetta mix...mmm!
Sunday I slept in later than normal and woke up to Ryan downstairs making breakfast, which was super sweet. In the afternoon I started the challenge of Christmas Eve dinner. For the past five years or so, I've always made something special for my family for dinner on Christmas Eve. My mom makes a huge turkey dinner for us on Christmas Day, so I make Christmas Eve's dinner. This year we're having Baked Ziti tonight for supper and I'm so looking forward to it! It's not a real popular dish around here, so you may have not even heard of it. It's a pasta dish, kind of like lasagna but with a different type of noodles. It's also got tomato sauce, beef, italian sausage, parmesan, mozzarella, ricotta and provolone cheeses in it. My mouth is watering thinking about it, lol. Anyway, I devoted yesterday afternoon to preparing and assembling the ziti. We just have to put it in the oven tonight.
I'll probably be back here on Wednesday with a Christmas report, as the only day I have off work is Christmas Day. Have a safe and Merry Christmas everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment