I'm now thirty...its sucks. I feel old...and depressed...especially when someone says "really you're thirty"? Or "Wow, you're thirty and you're not married yet...or have any kids yet"? The last part I hate the most. I hear it all the time and it drives me nuts. I want marriage and children and it will happen soon enough I'm sure, but it hasn't yet and I'll let you know when it does. Until then, stop bringing it up. Anyway...lol.
My birthday was on Sunday, but I celebrated it on Saturday with my friends. My best friend Carrie and her husband Chris and their son Brayden flew home on Friday, so it was wonderful that they were here for my birthday. Carrie, with some input from Ryan, organized a surprise dinner with friends and I had a great time. We were thinking of going out to the bars after dinner, but now that we're *cough* old, we opted to go back to my place for some drinks and a game of Balderdash. It was fun and I don't regret no going to the bar.
My parents were away to Vermont last week and came back last weekend. I celebrated with them and my brother on Sunday, my actual birthday. We went out for supper (I know, twice in one weekend!) and then back to Mom and Dad's for cake and gifts.
My parents gave me an Ipod for my birthday. I like to go for walks on the trails around town and my mp3 player broke, so it was making my walks less fun. The Ipod was a great gift, except I couldn't get it to work. I spent literally hours trying to get it to work myself and finally after two hours on the phone with Apple tech support, they finally discovered that my actual Ipod needed an update patch installed to it (which made no sense because it was brand spanking new). I was frustrated through the whole ordeal, but it's working now, finally.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment