Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Back at 'er

Back to work. It's always so difficult to come back to work after being off for a week. My vacation was horrible timing too. The weather here has been so sh*tty for weeks! Hardly summer vacation like. So yah, there wasn't much I could do while I was off. I worked at the canteen for my aunt on Moday for the New Brunswick day events, I met Ryan for lunch on Tuesday, went to Maugerville for local produce on Wednesday, went shopping the next and cooked all day Friday for a family reunion we had on Saturday for my mom's side of the family.

At work we have to bid for our vacation weeks off in November of the previous year. It's so hard because it's almost impossible to plan for vacations a year in advance. I wish I could have taken next week off instead because Carrie, Chris and Brayden are coming home this Friday for a week! I'm so excited!

My birthday is on Sunday. I'm dreading it. It's the big 3-0. I didn't think I'd have a hard time with turning 30, but I really am. I'm trying not to dwell on it, but it's hard not too. I know that Carrie has something cooked up for Saturday, but no one will give me and details, lol. Ryan is trying so hard to play coy about it all and it's kind of sweet. I know something's up because Carrie asked me if her and Chris could spend Saturday night at my place and that her mother was keeping Brayden overnight. I wanted to test the waters, soI suggested to Ryan that he and I go camping this weekend for my birthday, just to see how he would respond. He goes "Yah maybe". I said "Well, we've talked about going to Kouchibouguac Park all summer, I'll call tomorrow and make reservations". He said "Well...uh...no...not net. Let's hold off and wait and see what it's like on the weekend". I think it's so funny and cute how he's trying to cover, lol.

No comments: