Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Squeek!

The past week has been very hectic for me. Wednesday we saw the St. John river swell excessively and send our fair city in emergency measures mode. My house is fairly close to the river. In recent years, I've never been affected by the flooding. Last Wednesday when I got home from work, the water was all the way up to my next door neighbour's house. My dad came down to my place and shut the power off to my basement and I left home for the night, for fear of being stranded at my place. Luckily, the water didn't get any higher on my street and I was able to return home the next night.

Then, I got sick. I got a nasty cold/flu and have been sicker than a dog. My flu symptoms have finally started to subside, however I've since developed laryngitis on Monday. Apparantly it's not uncommon for the flu virus to develop into laryngitis. The only problem is, I work in a call center. I need my voice to work. So, yah, I've been off sick a lot in the past few days. With laryngitis you're supposed to rest your voice for a week. Yah, can't happen here. Here's hoping I can literally squeek by this week and not get any worse.

In closing here's an interesting tidbit to share with you. Did you hear about the surfer that got killed by a shark in San Diego not too long ago? Well, it happened at the exact same beach that we were boogie boarding at last month! How scary is that!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so sorry you have been sick kelly. i hope you will be feeling better soon. the last time i was really sick (at the centre) it began like a cold, developed into ear and sinus infection, and subsided with no voice, for a month. lots of fun, and yeah, i can sympathize with you.

take care of yourself, glad the flood waters did not affect your home.

hey , this thing is on :)

Anonymous said...

hey kelly! hope you enjoyed mother's day weekend. just checking in on you! how are things at the cubby-hell? i am applying to almost all the cubby jobs in the city in the hope of getting an income again. long story, see blog.

k is doing really well with her course. cats are all fine, how is your furball? happy monday to you & r!

Anonymous said...

hi kelly, just wanted to say in response to your comment about the hiring.....thanks for thinking of me, but um,,,,no. poet